In-office dispensing laws vary from state to state. Physicians who plan to include medication dispensing in their practice must learn and adhere to the state’s dispensing rules and regulations.
Here’s a quick glimpse of the important information you need to know regarding physician dispensing in Arkansas. Take note that this is for reference only; refer to your pharmaceutical board or state medical practice to ensure full compliance.
Registration for Medication Dispensing
The state of Arkansas allows state-licensed physicians to dispense specific legend drugs only after securing a permit and the approval of the Arkansas State Medical Board. Physicians should submit their application to the Medical Board showing why there’s a pressing need to dispense these drugs to their patients.
What are the benefits of Medication Dispensing in Arkansas?
Point of care dispensing opens up a lot of health and financial benefits to both patients and clinicians. This includes the following:
- A potential revenue stream for clinics and doctors’ offices.
- Convenience to both patients and clinicians.
- Enhanced patient medication compliance.
- Improved patient care since clinical staff can assist patients’ concerns regarding their medication.
- Reduced cost and waiting time for patients.
Why Should You Choose First Coast Health Solutions?
First Coast Health Solutions provide one of the most superior medication dispensing software in the country. Our outstanding automated dispensing programs can help improve your practice while giving patients better access to their healthcare needs. Some of the specific services you’ll get along with our dispensing system include:
- FDA-approved medications
- Seamless pharmacy automation technology and other dispensing services
- Revenue management tools
- A dedicated account manager
- Data and analytics to maximize reimbursement
- Monitoring and submission of information to the Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs for controlled substances.
- And more!
Get in touch with our experts to learn more about the Arkansas physician dispensing regulations.
The material contained on this site is for informational purposes only and DOES NOT CONSTITUTE THE PROVIDING OF MEDICAL ADVICE, and is not intended to be a substitute for independent professional medical judgment, advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your health.